Create Christmas beautiful decorations. Learn how to make a Christmas sleigh for decoration and surprise Santa Claus on Christmas Eve. Christmas is the most beautiful time of the year, where thousands of homes around the world gather around the family. It is the best time to share, show love and thank for everything received throughout the year. Each country in the world has its own traditions and customs to celebrate this date. Although in some countries they do not celebrate it, among them: Japan, North Korea, Saudi Arabia, Iran, Israel, etc.
Christmas emerged as a celebration of Christianity for the commemoration of the birth of Jesus Christ in Bethlehem. Many celebrations take place around a manger that represents the birth of the baby Jesus, where the Christmas carols are sung. Also according to the tradition of each country, the houses are decorated with lights and the Christmas tree. A tradition is to share a huge dinner with families and friends, in which special dishes are accompanied by wine while people give gifts and cards to others.
The children’s gifts are brought by the Christ child, the Magi kings or Santa Claus, also known as Saint Nicholas. Likewise, according to each religious, different sacred rites are worldwide carried out for celebrating this date. Parades, candles and fireworks are also part of this celebration. In countries like Mexico they break a piñata, meanwhile in Hungary and Poland people fast on Christmas Eve.
I want to teach you how to make your own sleigh to decorate your home. You don’t need a lot of materials to make the sleigh, they are easy to get and cheap.
- 1 slice of an artificial tree trunk, its size goes depending on what you are looking for the sleigh.
- 1 iron sleigh or Christmas car
- 2 deers or reindeer dolls
- 1 pack of decorative gift packages.
- 1 package or branch of Christmas cherries
- 50 cm thin gold ribbon
- 5 artificial tree branches.
- 1 pack of clay
- 1 silicone bar
- 1 Santa Claus doll
- Glue gun
- Christmas lights (optional)
Christmas sleigh elaboration
- All the materials must be placed on a table, it is started by removing the clay from its package. With the half of the clay a mass is formed according to the size of the inside part of the carriage. The mass must occupy all the carriage space, otherwise you need to add more clay. The important thing is that there is no empty space between the carriage and the clay. The mass must reach the edge of the carriage. When we have ready the mass with the previous specifications, the clay is completely covered with aluminum foil. The clay gets inside the carriage and you can add some silicone to bond properly to the structure.
- In the back of the carriage and in the whole center you must locate the Santa Claus doll. Santa Claus doll must be buried into the clay tearing carefully the foil only where it will be located. So, the silicone keep to secure the doll to the back of the carriage.
- The next step is to form a mass with the clay for the left-right sides of the sleigh, where is the support of the carriage to the trunk. Make sure mass covers the entire part of the support. When the support of the carriage would be bold to the trunk, you can cover the wheels with aluminum foil. You can add more paper if you consider it necessary. Then you can add the two masses to the board with silicone, verifying that the sleigh has enough space to deers.
- Then start cutting artificial branches. When you have all the branches, you can bury them into the clay. You should not leave any space without filling and the branches must not be buried at all, they should only stick out.
- When you have completely buried all the branches, cut the wire of each one of the cherries, leaving 1 cm to be able to bury them. Begin to bury the cherries wherever there is clay. You can place them scattered everywhere, or how you want it.
- When you finish with the cherries you can stick the gifts with silicone around the carriage. You can also place them distributed in the way you like.
- Glue the 2 deers with silicone in front of the sleigh. Before gluing them, you have to identify the right place to create an optical illusion in which the deers drag the sleigh. Then pass the gold ribbon around the neck of Santa Claus and the 2 deer. Cross each one of the ribbon end and tie them to the necks of the deer.
- Finally, you can place the Christmas lights scattered throughout the carriage, or if you prefer you can use no lights.